Screws and Fasteners is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as in other relevant legislation.
Screws and Fasteners needs to collect certain personal information to provide products and services to customers and to provide information to visitors. The types of information that we collect will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s transactions or activities on our website.
Collecting information about you
In order to provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address. The personal information we collect about you depends on how you deal with us. Personal information refers to information about an individual who can be reasonably identified.
Screws and Fasteners collects your personal information when you:
- provide us with your personal information and contact details;
- order or purchase Screws and Fasteners products and/or services
- enter your personal information on the Screws and Fasteners website or other Screws and Fasteners-owned properties;
- participate in a Screws and Fasteners competition;
- interact with us through social media (including Facebook and Google+);
- register on the Screws and Fasteners website/s
- contact us; we may also keep a record of that contact.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Screws and Fasteners' reason for collecting your personal information is to provide you with:
- the ability for you and Screws and Fasteners to complete or progress your order or transaction with us
- information that interests you
- information about events; and
- special offers that may be relevant to you
Screws and Fasteners will not use or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law;
- Screws and Fasteners believes it necessary to fulfil the above purposes or otherwise to provide you with services or products which you have requested; or
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of other users of the website, any member of the public or of Screws and Fasteners.
In seeking to give you the best experience in using the Screws and Fasteners website, your personal information may be used to send you advertisements about products and services that we think you are likely to be interested in if you have opted-in to receive our newsletter. If you wish to opt-out you can do so via the unsubscribe link in our email newsletters or via your account on our website.
Screws and Fasteners will not disclose your personal information to advertisers. Your personal information can be disclosed to third parties in order to operate the Screws and Fasteners website, fulfil the purposes set out above or otherwise deliver products or services, Screws and Fasteners will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any other companies or third parties without your explicit consent.
Third parties that we may disclose your information to include:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- contracted service providers or partners, including overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers).
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws. We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
Storage and security of your personal information
Screws and Fasteners will do everything reasonable and in its power to keep secure the personal information which Screws and Fasteners holds about you. Access to this information is restricted only to Screws and Fasteners employees who have specific authorisation. Screws and Fasteners also continually strives to improve security safeguards using the most stringent, industry-accepted online security and internal processes. That said, Screws and Fasteners will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information but will do everything in our power to prevent it as a responsible, high-profile Australian online retailer.
Accessing the information Screws and Fasteners keeps about you
If at any time you want to know what personal information Screws and Fasteners holds about you, you can log into your account and view the information you have given us. If you have further questions, you can contact us via our contact us form.
Updating or changing the information Screws and Fasteners has about you
If at any time you wish to change your personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please do so in your account on our website.
Deleting the information Screws and Fasteners has about you or stopping further advertising material
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let Screws and Fasteners know via email and we will take all reasonable steps to delete such information unless it must be kept for legal reasons. If you no longer wish to receive further advertising, marketing or promotional information from Screws and Fasteners, please log into your account and change your newsletter preferences, or by clicking the unsubscribe link that is on our email newsletter.
Changes to this policy